Common nursing & midwifery interview questions
Have you seen an obstetrician before coming here?
- No, I haven’t. I just noticed that I haven’t been in my period for 3 months and my husband suggested that I took a pregnancy test.
Have you eaten yet?
- Yes, I’ve eat this morning
Is it your first pregnancy?
- yes. We weren’t planning for this and it made me worried so much.
What vitamins do you consume?
- I consume multi-vitamin tablets and extra Vitamin D every day.
Let me do a physical check. Please pull a deep breath, hold your breath, and exhale. Everything is nice normal blood pressure and no high temperatures.
- Thank you.
How long have you been pregnant?
- It’s been 10 weeks
Do you suffer from insomnia?
- Well, it was very difficult for me to fall asleep when I went to bed. I also wake up many times during the night.
So, what are you feeling?
- I still suffer from a lot of heartburn but things get better now.
Any other thing you want to complain of?
- Well I’m feeling a lot better.
Let me help you. Take the medicine first, and I’ll call the doctor
- Thanks. I think I need a rest
Do you smoke?
I think I’ll take your blood pressure as well.
- Is there anything to worry about?
No. Everything’s fine
- Yes, I’m so glad everything went well.
Here let me help you. Do you feel comfortable now?
- Yes, it’s much much better
This is an overview of the conversations that usually occur between nurses and their patients using English.